Thursday, March 1, 2018

Ups and Downs


Life is full of ups and downs, just like a roller coaster.  Children have ups and downs.  Adults have ups and downs.  Children go up and down an anthill, it seems.  Adults go up and down the Rocky Mountains.
It's the first day of March, and I feel like I have finally reached level ground.  True, I'm not moving up, but I'm not moving down either. 
In January, I found out that I got accepted into Brigham Young University's Idaho campus.  Last week, I was told that I would begin in September.  In six short months, I'll be living in Idaho with my younger brother and sister, meeting new people and learning new things.  That's an up for me!
From the end of January to the middle of February, I was hooked up to a heart monitor.  Last week, I had my follow up with my cardiologist.  There were some irregularities in the recordings of my heart.  So now I'm on heart medication.  I go back next week for an echo-cardiogram, then back again in three weeks to see how well the medicine is working.  This is a down for me.
But I'm on level ground.
I try not to stress out over things, which is hard for someone with severe anxiety.  But things have always worked out well for me.  I have never been so far down that I've been close to hitting rock bottom.  I can always see the upside in my future, and that's what I cling onto.

No comments:

Post a Comment