Thursday, March 29, 2018

The Golden Birthday

On March 27, 2018, I celebrated my Golden Birthday.  I turned 27 on the 27th.  It was a day unlike any other.  For starters, I was asked to arrive at work an hour early.  That doesn't happen very often.  But because I love my job, I went in an hour early.  I bought some cookies and cream cupcakes to share with the boys.
The 11-year old nearly missed the bus.  He ran outside with on shoe on a foot, and the other in his hand.  The 6-year old and I played Beyblades, did some homework, and watched his favorite YouTube videos.
After getting the 6-year old on the bus, it was time to go...to the cardiologist.  I had an echo-cardiogram three weeks previous.  The images came back looking good. So now it was time to go...to the pharmacy.
I picked up my medication, Betty the pharmacist wished me a happy birthday, and then, it was finally time to go...home.
I was met at the door by my 3-year old niece, who locked me out.  After I was finally let into the house, my 5-year old nephew popped up and said "Surprise!".  I acted surprised.  Then, it was time to go...to the movies.  My sister, niece, nephew, and my dad went and saw The Greatest Showman at the cheap theater.  The music and cinematography were amazing!  Then it was time to go...back home.
For dinner, we had lasagna, my favorite meal.  For dessert, peanut butter and chocolate cheese cake that my sister made.  (It was amazing, despite setting the oven on fire while baking!)  I opened my presents (a Target gift card, some drawings and books by the kids, and some new luggage), and spent the rest of the evening playing with my niece and nephew.  Then, it was time to go...to bed.
Not the most exciting birthday, I'm sure.  Just another adult birthday.  But it was a good day.  I have a feeling that this is going to be a great year for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment