Thursday, November 23, 2017

Giving Thanks

There are so many things to be thankful for.  I am thankful for my family, my pets, my job, my home, my health, and my favorite Italian entree, lasagna.
I love my family.  I am the middle of five kids, and each one of us is different in so many ways.  We all bring something to the table.  We have an athlete, musicians, scholars, comedians, and a manny (You know I had to throw that in somewhere!).  Despite all our differences, we get along swimmingly.  And, we have the greatest parents anyone could ask for.
And don't forget the quadrupeds!  I treat my cat like she is my daughter.  I have never loved an animal as much as I love my cat.  The family dog is pretty awesome, too.  The family cat is sweet, but annoying.
I love my job!  But you already knew that.  Yesterday, I asked the boys what they are thankful for.  The 13-year old is thankful for "having a family".  The 11-year is thankful for "family too, I guess".  And the 6-year old is thankful for "rainbows, roller coasters, trains, and skateboarding".  I told the boys that I am thankful for them because without them, I wouldn't have a job.  "What?!"  The 6-year old didn't like that answer.  "I'm also thankful to have you guys as my friends" I added with a smile.
I still live with my parents.  But I try not to complain.  At least I have a roof over my head, even if it does make funny noises in the winter.  There is food in the fridge and pantries.  Blankets when it's cold.  Fans when it's hot.  I can't complain.
I am thankful for my health, even though I tell people I'm a 90-year old in a 26-year old's body.  My health isn't perfect, and it may never be.  But it could be worse.  I could come down with consumption!
And last of all, I am thankful for lasagna because, well, it tastes good.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment