Thursday, January 11, 2018

Use Your Maximum Potential

I heard a true story at church this past Sunday about a motivational speaker named Dan Clark.  Clark once spoke to a group of football players.  He brought one of those players up to the stage and asked him how high he could jump.  The player said he could jump up about three feet.  Clark asked the coach to hold a broom twelve inches off the ground and asked the player to jump over the broom.  The player did so, jumping just high enough to get over the broom.  Clark then asked the player why, if he could jump up three feet, he only jumped a little over a foot.  The player responded that he only needed to jump the twelve inches.
The lesson that I took from this story is that you should use your maximum potential.  Don't hold back.  If someone needs your help, give them all the help you can give them.  Don't wait for others to come assist you in what you know you can do yourself. 
I have been off of work this past week while the boys are on vacation.  And my car is in the shop.  So, what better thing to do than clean?  I cleared off a couch, the loveseat, most of the living room, scrubbed floors, vacuumed, and cleaned a bathroom.  I did what I could.  There are some areas in the house I am unable to clean because the things that need to be cleaned are my parents.  I don't want to misplace any of their things.  But why wait for my parents to start cleaning when I can do some parts myself? 
Lame example, I know, but it gets my point across.  I found something I could do and I didn't hold back.  I can now apply this principle to other parts of my life.   I can study harder, be nicer, eat healthier.  The sky is the limit, and I believe and I can touch the clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment