Thursday, August 24, 2017

It Just Makes Me So Angry!

I have been blessed with a great deal of patience (and humility).  I don't get angry very often.  In fact, the 11-year old once told me that I don't get angry, just frustrated.
Can you keep a secret?  I do get angry.
I get angry when people don't use turn signals.  So I made a game out of it the other day.  A guy in the next lane over obviously wanted to move over to my lane.  He stuck his nose in front of me, but I carefully scooted forward so he couldn't get in.  He backed out.  A couple seconds later, he tried again.  Again, I didn't let him in.  Finally, the turn signal came on.  I slowed down and let the guy move over.
I get angry when adults act like children.  So I quit my job at a restaurant and got a job with people who are supposed to act like children:  children.
I get angry when I see people (children and adults) disrespecting their parents.  So I give my parents hugs and tell them how much I love them.
I get angry when the IRS says I owe them money.  So I write them a check.  Wait...
The point I'm trying to make is that I try to find a positive way to release my anger.  Sure, I'm probably not releasing as much anger that way, but I don't keep it bottled up inside.  God gave us dance music with a lot of bass for a reason!  Rocking out in my car to Zedd and Martin Garrix certainly helps me unleash my anger.
So the next time you're at Walmart walking behind that old lady who takes two steps a minute, don't just quickly brush by her in a minor fit of anger.  Ask her if she needs assistance.  Start a conversation with her.  Make her day brighter.  It'll make your day brighter too.

No comments:

Post a Comment