Thursday, August 11, 2016

The First Thursday



The world can be a confusing place.  I am thankful everyday that I am a citizen of the United States of America.  We, as a nation, have many struggles, many differing opinions.  The great thing about the United States is our freedom to believe.  Every time I log onto Facebook I see posts that I disagree with or upset me.  But the person who posted their beliefs is free to do so, just as I am free to disagree.  A friend may believe ABC and I may believe XYZ.  Will we disagree on things?  Of course.  But this is no reason to break our friendship.  Friendship is built upon love and common interests.  Just because we may disagree sometimes is not a valid reason to hate each other.

My goal in creating this blog is to respectfully share my opinions of events going on around the world.  I may post my religious views, political views, and moral views.  But keep in mind that these are the things I believe in, the things that I have the right to believe in.  Just as I try my hardest to respect your opinions, I would hope that you too can respect my opinions.

During Spring semester of college this year, I took English 102.  I have never had a more amazing professor or class.  The very last paper the class was assigned to write was a persuasive/argumentative essay.  The essay I wrote for my class will be my second post which will immediately follow this post.  After that I am going to attempt to post every other week, always on Thursdays.  I tend to over think things, and I love alliteration.  But then again, who doesn't love alliteration?  So, without further ado, I welcome you to Over Thinking Thursdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment